Search Frugal Farming

About Frugal Farming

About this Blog 

Welcome to Planting your own Food
 --------------------------------------
  --------------------------------------

             About Frugal Farming

Frugal Farming is both a local and international blog that focuses on simple, plain and costing little  vegetable and fruits gardening with the intention to keep children and parent busy throughout the quarantine period as the Covid-19 pandemic takes its course. Moreover, with the loss of countless jobs and peoples livelihoods at stake, this blog would conclusively assist families to plant basic necessities that would steer them through the current and upcoming global recession and lots in between!!!!
With so many people isolated at home and the economy so wobbly, for those with the space this is a fine time to start growing some of your own food — and, in fact, seed and plant shops companies are reporting record sales this during this pandemic.

Here I'll share my experiences with  how you can use your time at home and plant vegetables and fruits adopting the cheapest means possible by planting in things we discard everyday. As people pick up new hobbies while they remain in self-quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interest in gardening and farming is experiencing a boom among Trinidadians and Tobagonians. Developing a green thumb is a way to pass the time for some people, but others are using it as a way to attempt to make sure they have access to fresh food after panic buying led to shortages in grocery stores and vegetable markets alike.

Moreover, Frugal Farming was founded through an academic venture through Anglia Ruskin University's Internet Marketing Module, and now aims to promote the Frugal Farming Innovations and many more through planting and farming imagery and social media marketing. Fittingly, this Blog aims to  steer Families and circumvent poverty from decreased income where T&T Manufacturers Association (TTMA) has found that as a result of the country’s COVID-19 mitigation measures, 36 per cent of the businesses have terminated full time employees and 55 per cent have terminated part time or contractual employees. 


               About the Blogger

              -------------

Hello! I'm Ronald and I’m a business student and working management professional with a passion for, gardening, hiking, hanging with friends and travelling, living in Trinidad and Tobago. I have a fast paced, exciting life that I share with the two loves of my life; my wife Sayelle and my exciting and extremely active (who has me up all night) daughter, Alexandra; notwithstanding my phenomenal friends! Other than that, I live a very normal life with a sprinkle of exciting, out of the ordinary experiences and adventures.

I call San Rafael home, (yeah is the bush) as the village is unlike any other- the best flora and fauna, wildlife, lime (party), fitness and artistic worlds all collide into this one energetic, fast paced community- and I love it! Its an overwhelming place at times, because of the violence from a selected few, but there's so much inspiration all around me whether its the latest trends in Trini fashion/beauty or the latest hotspot healthy eatery. I take advantage of that and can’t wait to share all of it with you.



Oh, and I have a very MAJOR passion FARMING and GARDENING as I grew up from small with my parents selling in the market and producing vegetables and staples which I sold in the Arima Market for appropriately 15 years...which conclusively arms me with the authoritative knowledge to now in turn assist and provide you with tried and tested methods and procedures to grow your own food during such trying catastrophic economic times.

I'm a discovering and exploring gardening and farming junkie who has an obsession with finding new ways to challenge myself physically and mentally. I approach farming and planting in a pragmatic way- I want to know how such marvelous natural wonder would impact my life and whats the history behind such awesomeness! Im certainly not one to buy into “fads” or “trends” like when people say 'plant this or use this soil! you'll like it' , without knowing some personal based backing or giving them a solid testing I can personally vouch for.

There are a few things that I am not: I am not in any way a trained, registered, licensed, certified farming or gardening "expert". I'm just an educated man with a curious mind and a passion for farming and gardening etc.


With so much wishy-washy information about planting your own food out there, I want to be your source for realistic, tried and true frugal farming choices to help you get out of this global pandemic and beyond healthy and happy as gardening has been found to increase overall health and well-being.

Planting your own vegetable garden should be fun, and watching your hard work turn into actual produce should be mentally, physically and emotionally exciting!

Cheers to living your happiest life!!!!

Ronald

So Again!!!!!!! 
WELCOME TO FRUGAL FARMING!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE A LOOK AROUND AND SEE IF YOU CAN PLANT SOME OF YOUR OWN FOOD..AT LEAST SOME..


Share:

7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Ronald and very well written gardening is a fantastic idea you don't need alot of land space to grow your own produce and there are lots of benefits helps save a coin or two as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Much! You sure rite.. especially in this period of uncertainty.. its best to plant your own food.

      Delete
  2. Omg! So true...My husband started and so happy he did and sorry he didn't started before. Great job love it..market is expensive and everyone now is back to gardening and that's great. πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear your husband started gardening! Dont matter when .. once he started... ya'll gonna love the benefits of home gardening. Keep it up.. check the post on the benefits of gardening if you want a more clearer description.

      Delete
  3. Me as a person, planting my crops...done !!! you gave some great tips to first timers aka yardeners (with only yard space πŸ˜„) πŸ‘πŸΌπŸŒ±πŸŒΏ

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Dasheen/Eddoes- Tips and Tricks

Growing Dasheen/Eddoes- Tips and Tricks  What would Sunday lunch (the biggest meal of the week on the islands) be without a healthy s...

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate